Yes! I did it!!!
My first bracelet made from scratch!
- How Much Good? How Much Joy? (https://cncfimoparadise.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/how-much-good-how-much-joy/)
- How Much Good? How Much Joy? (Part 2) (https://cncfimoparadise.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/how-much-good-how-much-joy-part-2/)
We would like to thank the following souls who have taken their precious time to pen down some encouraging words for us to move on towards this direction:
- YunitaGena (yunitagena.wordpress.com)
- Shiroknowes (shiro51144.wordpress.com)
- Rachel’s Book Nook (rachelsbooknook.wordpress.com)
- Harlina (harlina.wordpress.com)
- Candy (lovelybuns.wordpress.com)
- SirenaTales (sirenatales.wordpress.com)
- Thehappydigest (thehappydigest.wordpress.com)
- Lindaangelcounseling (lindaangelcounseling.wordpress.com)
- Reocochran (witlessdatingafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- Cynt5525 (cynthiajacksonblog.wordpress.com)
- Djmrakiey (djmrakiey.wordpress.com)
- Kingdom777 (kingdom777.wordpress.com)
- FreeRangeCow (freerangecow.com)
- Gamillerlasvegas (gamillerlasvegas.wordpress.com)
There is still a long way to go down this road of uncertainty and we are glad to have so many lovely soul being with us all these while.
Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!
Cheers & TTFN~ 😀
A honest supplier should always provide a picture that is true to the merchandise. When luck is just against you, what I saw was a lovely fairy pendant with a cute rounded nose with a pair of lovely wings and this was what I’ve gotten instead:
Can you imagine my frustration after I’ve received the actual pieces? Well, I am definitely not going to pass the frustration down to my customers. The supplier is definitely going to be blacklisted and the entire batch won’t make it for listing, that’s for sure.
Frankly speaking, my heart would bleed to see those pieces lying inside the rejected box whenever I am doing my inventory check and I keep asking myself what should I do with them?
Instead of asking ‘How much damage will the work in question bring about?’
Why not ask ‘How much good? How much joy?’
~ Henry Miller
How much good? How much joy?
Hmm…and thus my journey to finding joy in this damage soon begins….
After making a bunch of bookmarks for our ‘Find Love’ contest, I’ve decided to try making a bookmark using whatever resources I currently have because I really enjoy making bookmarks.
Here’s the outcome:
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
If you lovely souls have been following this humble blog of ours, you already know by now that I am a firm believer of “Everything happens for a reason” .
Those long years of bad health which cost me a job that fetched me a comfortable payroll and later a job that gave me many challenges and joy while being with many lovable children.
I wouldn’t be here laughing at my own creation and typing out this post with a joyous mood if not for those long years of bad health. Therefore, I am actually quite thankful for this.
Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.
~ Albert Schweitzer
What I’ve done in this D.I.Y:
- I applied the entire pendant with a layer of pink nail polish as its base colour
- I added another layer of pink glittering nail polish over the first pink coating
- With the second coating, I managed to make the contour of the nose a little rounder and filling up the gaps in between the joints of the wing and the fairy’s shoulder
- The light and dark green 2 mm rhinestones were used for the wing parts
- Brown nail polish was used as the hair colour so as to differentiate the hair from the face
- A layer of top coat was applied, even over the rhinestones so as to give the body a shinier surface and to further secure the rhinestones
- I wrapped the connecting ring (which is part of the pendant) with a rim of purple wool because I didn’t like the outcome of the ring after the pink coatings
- I made a ‘leash’ (not sure how I should call this part) by tying a few strands of purple wool to a small ring (which was from the original pendant) and then cover the knot with a plastic cap-like component which I’ve ripped off from an unused key chain…LOL..
- Then I used another ring from the key chain as the medium between the bookmark and the purple wool ‘leash’
You must take the first step.
The first steps will take some effort, maybe pain.
But after that, everything that has to be done is real-life movement.
~ Ben Stein
I am thankful to have this companionship and of course, all those sweet encouragement from all you lovely souls out there while I am taking all those different ‘first steps’ in this business venture.
Have a great day ahead, always!
Cheers & TTFN~
…..Awww….nobody wants to know why I kept changing and editing our pictures….???
Never mind, I shall stay positive and wait then….wooahaaaaa~
A few months ago, I was in charge of an one and a half hour lesson for the children. As it was very near to Fathers’ Day, I’ve decided to let them ‘create’ the faces of their fathers using any given materials.
I’ve drawn out blank templates of face shapes and my sis was in charge of drawing all kinds of different eyes, brows, mouths, noses and ears. Other materials like ribbons, stickers and of course, our fimo slices were given to them for decorating purpose.
I was happy to see all the little girls going ‘oohhhs’ and ‘ahhhs’ over the cuteness of our fimo slices and how their eyes would sparkle when I allowed them to bring back the rest of the unused fimo slices.
Without any further adieu, the below are some of their creativity and yet abstracted looking fathers (one really looks like Mr. Potato from the Toy Story):
So, which one is your favourite? Do let me know okay?
Hope you all enjoy reading this post, till then
I know I’ve been neglecting all my nail thingy but the good news is that I’ve finally managed to clear all the photo editing for the accessories that I’ve had at hand.
Yeah~ High Five~
Just two days ago, I’ve received another two more packages and managed to perform the quality check during this morning. I am glad the quality of the products are good enough to be sold.
As a matter of fact, I wanted to upload our products to our website, unfortunately we’ve encountered some latency issues from our web host and thus I’ve to drop the idea for the day.
So here I am, taking this opportunity to do some updating here.
Yeah~ Another High Five~
Our ‘Be with us‘ page is updated.
I do hope my next post will be nail related but in the meantime, here’s another D.I.Y project to share with you all:
After packing our accessories, I’ve stored them in office trays meant for storing documents since I don’t purchase too many pieces for each design. The trays are actually good for necklaces with flat pendant designs and simple ring designs but not for those bulky ones.
Like what I’ve done in the past for our nail polishes, I created compartments using brochures or calendars with the sizes customized to the packing of my accessories.
If you are using hard cardboard for the compartments, they are likely to be firmer than those thick brochures or calendars. In order to make them firmer, I’ve secured the sides of the compartments to the box with adhesive tapes so that they won’t collapse so easily.
From the picture above you can see that I’ve created 6 slots for my necklaces and 4 slots (using only 3 compartments) for my rings or even earrings.
Here’s how it looks after I’ve put those bulky accessories inside:
Unlike the nail polishes, the design of each item is facing up so…yes…this means I don’t have to stand up in order to see what item is stored in each compartment.
Yeah~ one last High Five~
Have fun reading, till then…TTFN~
Oh Gosh! All these time I’ve been busy with our fashion accessories that I seem to have overlooked our fimo and the giveaway events. Don’t worry, they are still in my to-do list, so I will definitely find time to do them in the near future.
I think I need to set a deadline for myself or else it is like never ending and just this morning, I’ve received another two batches of goods from our suppliers. Yet to go through the quality check as I need to finish off the ones I have at hand~ how I wish there are 48 hours a day!
As I was busying with printing and cutting out more tags for our accessories, I was thinking, why not upload a post for our D.I.Y tags?
As we are just starting up this internet business, most budgets are used for purchasing products and of course, a good packaging important even though we are not in retailing. It is not very cost effective at this stage to print out labels in bulk since from time to time, the designs that we need may differ. For ours, this latest tag picture ‘Be with us’ is actually our third or fourth versions.
Without using a laminating or labeling M-A-C-H-I-N-E (Gosh! I’ve temporarily forgotten how to spell this word and needed to check at the dictionary.com…what is wrong with me??), we can still give our paper tag a glossy and waterproof surface and this is how we do it:
- Choose your preferred design and insert the picture into a WORD document and then you can do the re-sizing inside the document. Use the table function (without any border) to arrange your label and choose ‘narrow’ for the margin in order to optimize the quantity of label per page. In our case, we are able to print 28 labels in one A-4 size paper.
- If you want your label design to have different colour backgrounds, you can try using a lighter background label, possibly with a lot of white surfaces so that you can just use different colour papers as your design’s background and this can save you the printer’s colour ink for printing the background.
- After cutting them into stripes, we will use a transparent masking tape (width: 4.8cm) and paste it over the paper. If you are printing your labels using inkjet printer (like us), this layer can prevent the ink from smearing over time and the label will be more durable.
- If you are printing your designs on cardboard papers, the label is completed after pasting the masking tape over the paper. Normally I don’t use A4 cardboard papers because they are more expensive. Therefore, I will buy vanguard sheets, which are bigger and more cost effective, and use them as the base for my paper labels.
Ta~da! It is completed after gluing the label onto the vanguard sheet.
This is our latest packing of our fashion accessories using the tags.
With the layer of transparent masking tape, I don’t have to worry about the wear-and-tear around the holes if repacking is needed.
We hope the above tips are helpful.
Finally, I’ve the time and brain juice to draft out this official thank-you post for getting the nomination. If I am doing it correctly, the to-do list after getting nominated would be as follow:
- Thank the nominator
- List down 7 fun facts about us
- List down another 15 blogs that inspire us
Thank you very much to Katie1094 for this nomination. MUAHKKK~
Through her blog she will share with you her thoughts, opinions, and love for creativity, Hello Kitty, and all things geeky. So, do give her blog a visit. Cheers!!
- We are from Singapore, the small little red dot on the world map.
- My baby sis and I are twelve years apart and most of the time, even till today, I was being mistaken for her mother instead. Just a few days before:
Courier Man: Are you S?
Courier Man: Can I pass this to you instead?
Courier Man: Are you her mother?
- My baby sis became a probation officer after graduating from Uni. As she is very much a petite lady, her probationers always had this feeling that they were being lectured by a little girl instead.
- Although I’ve graduated with an “Electronic and Computer Engineering” diploma, I’ve spent the last 12 years in a trading firm handling issues that were non-engineering related and another 3 years in the enrichment industry.
- Both my brother and sister can draw and sing very well, but I just can’t!!! So sometimes I am really doubting the origin of my birth if not for the strong resemblance to my father. **Sob**
- I don’t know why but my students would always say, “Teacher, why are you so funny?” even when I was in the midst of scolding them.
- Last but not least (Phew…finally…), despite my illness has deprived me of working outside, I am glad it has opened another door for me to see this world in another perspective. Everything happens for a reason! Cheers!!
Without further adieu, the following are the 15 blogs that truly inspired me:
– It always bring a smile to my face to see the cute Nosebody in action!
– Love all her food posts, they always make my tummy rumble!
– If you are a bento lover, you must definitely visit this blog!
– What is the definition of a supermom? Check out this blog and perhaps you can be one too! I don’t think I can, but love reading it anyway. Cheers!!
– Interested in nail arts, running out of nail design or don’t know what nail colours to use? Then make a trip to her world of colours and glitters!!
– This Poet, traveler, photo blogger will keep you informed about life in Soho NYC, Los Angeles, California and Surround Cities and Countries that the blogger visits.
– She’s currently using this blog to do the 365 Photography challenge – basically a photo a day for a year.
– Check this blog out if you are interested in health issues.
– It’s their goal to show you that beauty can be everywhere.
– This lady likes to wander aimlessly on the internet and find awesome or strange pictures!!
– It’s kind of a fashion and lifestyle blog, but also anything in between that catches her fancy.
– This is a site for Beauty and Fashion tips where she will post her reviews of products, spills her beauty and fashion tips and secrets and where you can even recommend topics!
– She enjoys nature photography as well as natural light portaiture in addition to anything sports related.
– Nice photos and quotes in this blog, enjoy your stay there!!
– Her passion is crochet and photography, but she also loves to cook, make cards, knit – basically anything crafty!
Have fun reading the above blogs!
Today, we are going to share with you how to make a curtain in 1 minute:
~ JUST JOKING ~
I know, I know, a very crappy joke. *dodging away from flying eggs*
Save those eggs unless they are rotten…okay? 😛
Here are two nice events that I need to be thankful to…
Someone has re-blogged my ‘Everything Happens for A Reason...” post and since this is the first time my post has been re-blogged, I am very excited. When I followed the link, it was an error page so I am not sure how it works. Anyway, this sweetie has a very nice photo blog, so if you are interested, do check it out at his/her blog. Here the link to their archive.
NOMINATION FOR INSPIRING BLOG AWARD
I would like to thank katie1094 for the above nomination. I know there is something I need to do but I am not sure what I should do. Anyway, will upload another post for this after checking. If anyone reading this knows what I should do, please drop me an e-mail or post me a comment. Thank you in advance.
Now, back to today’s post topic, which is ORGANIZING.
For the past few weeks, I was reading many blogs with D.I.Y and organizing/housekeeping contents and my guilty conscience kept on tapping my shoulder whenever I stare at my unorganized nail polishes.
So, here’s what I’ve done:
It took me two days to finish those rectangular paper compartments. Despite the truthfulness in my baby sis’ comment, I am still happy to see that my nail polishes are having a ‘room’ of their own. (*clap*clap*)
Till then, have a great weekend ahead~