A honest supplier should always provide a picture that is true to the merchandise. When luck is just against you, what I saw was a lovely fairy pendant with a cute rounded nose with a pair of lovely wings and this was what I’ve gotten instead:
Can you imagine my frustration after I’ve received the actual pieces? Well, I am definitely not going to pass the frustration down to my customers. The supplier is definitely going to be blacklisted and the entire batch won’t make it for listing, that’s for sure.
Frankly speaking, my heart would bleed to see those pieces lying inside the rejected box whenever I am doing my inventory check and I keep asking myself what should I do with them?
Instead of asking ‘How much damage will the work in question bring about?’
Why not ask ‘How much good? How much joy?’
~ Henry Miller
How much good? How much joy?
Hmm…and thus my journey to finding joy in this damage soon begins….
After making a bunch of bookmarks for our ‘Find Love’ contest, I’ve decided to try making a bookmark using whatever resources I currently have because I really enjoy making bookmarks.
Here’s the outcome:
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
If you lovely souls have been following this humble blog of ours, you already know by now that I am a firm believer of “Everything happens for a reason” .
Those long years of bad health which cost me a job that fetched me a comfortable payroll and later a job that gave me many challenges and joy while being with many lovable children.
I wouldn’t be here laughing at my own creation and typing out this post with a joyous mood if not for those long years of bad health. Therefore, I am actually quite thankful for this.
Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.
~ Albert Schweitzer
What I’ve done in this D.I.Y:
- I applied the entire pendant with a layer of pink nail polish as its base colour
- I added another layer of pink glittering nail polish over the first pink coating
- With the second coating, I managed to make the contour of the nose a little rounder and filling up the gaps in between the joints of the wing and the fairy’s shoulder
- The light and dark green 2 mm rhinestones were used for the wing parts
- Brown nail polish was used as the hair colour so as to differentiate the hair from the face
- A layer of top coat was applied, even over the rhinestones so as to give the body a shinier surface and to further secure the rhinestones
- I wrapped the connecting ring (which is part of the pendant) with a rim of purple wool because I didn’t like the outcome of the ring after the pink coatings
- I made a ‘leash’ (not sure how I should call this part) by tying a few strands of purple wool to a small ring (which was from the original pendant) and then cover the knot with a plastic cap-like component which I’ve ripped off from an unused key chain…LOL..
- Then I used another ring from the key chain as the medium between the bookmark and the purple wool ‘leash’
You must take the first step.
The first steps will take some effort, maybe pain.
But after that, everything that has to be done is real-life movement.
~ Ben Stein
I am thankful to have this companionship and of course, all those sweet encouragement from all you lovely souls out there while I am taking all those different ‘first steps’ in this business venture.
Have a great day ahead, always!
Cheers & TTFN~